A shift in perspective can literally change your life.
By choosing to see your body as beautiful and appreciate it for all it’s done for you, you can honour your body instead of complaining what’s wrong with it.
In the society we live in today, it has become the norm to point out and find flaws within ourselves and then try to fix them.
It’s easy to see why we’re SO HARD on ourselves, finding it impossible to reach a beauty standard that’s ridiculous and unattainable.
So how do you stop finding flaws and body shaming?
It begins with self-acceptance, having compassion for yourself as you find self-acceptance and allowing yourself to fall in love with every inch of your wonderful body again.
As children, we never looked for flaws or faults in our body.
We were simply present and loved how our body allowed us to run, jump and play and experience life.
We were in love with ourselves and in love with life!
Give yourself the opportunity to get back to that part of yourself, she is inside waiting to rise up and shine with love and radiance.
Be willing to let go of old thought patterns and societal conditioning that don’t promote a positive body image. Be willing to see love instead of fear. Be willing to try new things.
Be willing to not get it right straight away without beating yourself up about it and still have compassion for yourself.
Give yourself permission to make small consistent changes each and every day to your routine, allow yourself to be present to your body.
Stay connected. Stay present.
Here Are 8 Ways To Honour Your Body
- Schedule appointments with yourself for self-care*. (Treat these appointments as meetings with Oprah or Richard Branson -show up on time and never miss them).
- Check-in daily with how you’re feeling and what sensations come up for you by doing body scans, helping you to understand your body on a deeper level.
- Nourish your body with healthy food.
- Move your body in a way that you love.
- Invest in Rest when you need to (you’ll know when you listen to your body).
- Express gratitude, list 10 things that your body is doing for you that you’re grateful for.
- Shift negative self-talk and speak kindly to your body.
- Make time daily to breathe deeply and connect inward.
This is a simple list and forget trying to do them all at once and remember this doesn’t happen overnight.
Choose one to three things from the list to start with and gradually build your way up.
Trying to do too much or all of them at once is the quickest way to set yourself up for failure when you are building new habits and self-care routines into your life.
Once you are consistently doing one thing on your list for a few weeks, then only move onto the next.
Remember that self-care and honouring your body is not a one-time thing.
Your body deserves your loving throughout your entire life, you’ve got this Goddess!
- Have a bath
- Go for a walk
- Spend time loving your furry friends
- Meet up with your favourite people for a coffee
- Breathe deeply
- Use essential oils
- Get creative and crafty
- Make a vision book
- Go dancing
- Read for an hour
- Indulge in your favourite beauty regime
- Sit quietly with your thoughts
- Say ‘No’
- Disconnect from social media
With love and light,